At MDA College, we cannot give you a visa, but we can give you a Letter of Acceptance to use to apply for a short-term study visa. You can study for up to 11 months, but you cannot work or bring your family on the same visa- they must get their own visas.

We cannot give individual advice on visa applications, but we recommend that you apply for a visa through a recognised agency, as they will understand the visa process and know whether your application is good.

Are you unsure if you need a visa? Check here!


What do I need to get a visa?

The things you will need to make your application will depend on how long you want to stay, where you are from and what you will do in the UK. 

You may need to give them information of your studies in the UK (like a Letter of Acceptance) and what you do in your own country.

Please check what documents you need for a UK visa application here.

What would make them reject my application?

Usually, a visa is rejected because the Home Office does not have enough information about you and why you want to come to the UK. The two main reasons visas are rejected are:

- because the Home Office worries you will not have enough money to live in the UK.

- because the Home Office believes you will not go back to your country when your visa finishes.

They will need to see that you are serious about your studies in the UK. They will want to know where you will stay and see that you have enough money in your bank account to pay for your course and for your accommodation. If you do not have enough money, they will reject your application.

Another problem is if they do not see why you want to come to the UK to study. You must give them information from your work or studies in your country to show that they are happy for you to study in the UK and you must show them what you will do when you go back. 

I can get an Electronic Visa Waiver (EVW). What is that?

Some countries in the Middle East (Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and United Arab Emirates (UAE)) can come to the UK with a document that has your travel details. This EVW lets you study in the UK for 6 months. You can find more information here.

Start your Student Visa application here.

See our Visa Policy here.